- Scene: it was a dark and stormy night. literally. and, currently, the boys aren't quite at the age where a nice storm means tucking yourself into the couch with a good book, and perhaps a warm beverage. they are at the age where thunder means general panic. so i snuggled in with anth to read him a story and stayed there a minute to just listen to the rain together.
- Anth: (reaching over and twirling my hair around his finger) hey, mom?
- Me: yeah?
- Anth: i think you're beautiful
- My Heart: (warmed)
- Anth: BUT, you were sure a lot more beautiful with long hair
- Me: (debating response)
- Anth: at least I think so. but you can keep it like that if you want. it's your body.
- (mental note #1: life-lesson regarding ownership of one's body? check)
- (mental note #2: "future life lesson for the boys" #483 - teach them the nuances of honesty being the best policy most of the time.)
November 16, 2010
♥ posted by momma savvy at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hahahahahahahahahaha! I might have just erupted in laughter in the airport, while sitting at a (quiet) charging station in an echo-ey hallway. Love that kid.ReplyDelete