it's New Year's Eve!
this week, my mom asked me if bern and i were going to parties.
as though we were the kind of people to hop from party to party, ringing in the new year.
it's a sweet sentiment.
but, so far, here is what our new year's eve has included:
- sleeping in until a whopping 8am. (this is madness for us.)
- eating leftover Las Margaritas (yum)
- doing flashcards with ben and practicing drawing our letters
- some more reading
- eating a ridiculous amount of cheese (cheeseballs/cheddar/jarlsberg dip) and hummus while watching football/OSU basketball
- figuring out how to check out e-books from the library
- bern and anth playing Lego Batman together
- doing a crossword in the People magazine bern's dad left behind
- baking some potatoes
- folding previously mentioned laundry (it is an accomplishment that this happened on the same day it was washed. at least for me.)
- playing two rounds of the game Sorry
- not bathing (well, me. the boys got a bath)
- and wearing my pajamas all day
it's hard to take in how very cool and exciting we are.
but, to me, the day was pretty much perfect.
i almost forgot to mention. . .
anth is also looking forward to staying up late to play a game of Pop-o-matic Trouble and then releasing his "party poppers" before bed.
i plan on bringing in the new year tomorrow with some soap.
and probably more cheese.
at different times.
but, to all those wild and crazy kids out there celebrating tonight, be safe, and as i tell my son every day as i drop him off at pre-school, "be good!"
(i also sometimes use the former Buckeye, Kenny Blank Lopez's famous "make good choices!"_
Here's to a happy, healthy 2012!
you're in reality a just right webmaster. The website loading speedReplyDelete
is incredible. It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you've performed a great job in this